Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Tumbler Quilt!

We dont have many people in our family having babies, so when my husbands cousin in Germany was having a baby girl I jumped at a chance to try a crib sized Tumbler Quilt. I wanted it to be scrappy and bright coloured, so I pulled out my bin of scraps along with an adorable fairytale green fabric.
(Now im clearly busted for not ironing before cutting--but in my defence I have a crappy iron, but I will iron first once I get my new Iron Saturday) 
After using my handy-dandy tumbler die(from accuquilt), in no time at all I was swimming in tumblers :)
I was amazed at how quickly it came together and how easy it was to sew!


Plus this was my first opportunity to use my black/white stripped fabric for binding! I love how it turned out. 
I cant wait to ship this off to Katherina in Germany :) 
Now off to work on my downton abbey tumbler lap quilt!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment