Sunday, May 4, 2014

A changing of the seasons....

After a lot of soul searching, I've decided to make some major changes to 3littlethimbles.


This picture sums up my life for the past 2 years. I've sewn hundreds of Minky Blankets and stuffed animals for my amazing clients, and I have truly loved it! Sadly, my minky distributors prices have increased(as has their shipping and the exchange rate) which makes it impossible to compete with people in the U.S. So I have decided to clearance all my minky blankets....use my scraps in any way I can. Make some Minky stuffed animal, and then close the door. It's hard for me to do, because I still love and adore minky but I have my sights set on bigger and better things :)

Through this process of sewing minky blankets I have acquired a love and passion for quilting cotton, and sewing in general. Which has started the dreaming process for me. 

And when I dream, I dream BIG! 

I am not ready to announce what those dreams are but please bear with me over the next few months while I try to make these dreams take shape. You will see new things on my etsy shop....fabric bundles, patterns, and who knows what else. 

Above all I want to start making tutorials on this blog....to help women everywhere be able to sew. It is a skill that need not die or become rare. Basically, I want to help women be as good(or better) of a sewist than I am. 

I look forward to seeing where my dreams take me and I hope you all stay for the ride!!!

xoxox
3littlethimbles



3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new adventure. I am glad I got my minky minions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad about the shipping costs, but good luck with the new things!
    I really like your colour combinations and style so I'm sure you'll make lovely things.

    ReplyDelete