Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Quilts.....You just can't have enough

I decided to do an entire post, on the quilts I have made!
These are ones I have made for my family :) 
Every quilt has a story...every quilt is someones hard work(these literally take hours)
Quilting is a dedicated craft. Its expensive, time consuming....and addictive. Spend 1 cozy night watching tv under one and you will fall completely in love, guaranteed!


This is the first quilt I ever made. I started it when our first daughter was a few months old. It's a disappearing nine patch, and i used vintage inspired florals to make it! I finally got around to quilting and binding it last year....its now our couch quilt. And I love it!!!






 This is the twin sized quilt I made for my eldest daughter at Christmas.She actually loves the top of it so much she flips it over so that the top is closer to her while she's sleeping(the back is pink with butterflies imprinted on it.  This is a pattern I designed myself :)








This is the twin sized quilt I made my son for Christmas. His name is Helm so I took that and made a whole pirate theme around it(including lots of prints with helms on them). Again, its a disappearing nine patch.







This is our youngest daughters crib sized quilt. I love it so much I have another one in the works for my etsy shop(https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/3littlethimbles). I used most Joel Dewberry Prints and I have to say Im obsessed with this line, and triangles!!




No comments:

Post a Comment